Who am I?
A trained Early Childhood educator, Early Intervention teacher & mother of 4 children, I have over 20 years of storytelling experience, both performing and in taking workshops for adults & children.
- WHERE? Pre-schools, schools (primary & secondary), Otago Museum, Early Settlers Museum, Dunedin Public Art Gallery, festivals including being a featured teller at Glistening Waters 2004, telling at Perth for the Australian National Storytelling festival 2005, disability centres, rest homes, education conferences and the odd pub! (go to Reviews)
- WHO TO? Junior through to senior citizens, and all those in between.
- WHO WITH? I often perform solo but have made a CD (Worms in the Pot) with Liz Weir, a Christchurch storyteller. Together we are known as Tell Tale Sisters.
PLUS I am half of Kat Anna Fiddle, (www.katannafidldle.kiwifolk.com) myself and Anna Bowen, a professional musician and we have several live music and storytelling shows available, including Scottish pioneer stories, healthy eating programmes, Antartica, Punch & Judy show & ghostly tales. We have a CD called My Cousin Angus, filled with delightful tales of a Scottish nature.
- WHO FOR? I am self-employed but have done theme-based
- Department of Conservation (DOC)
- Rural Education Activities Programme (REAP)
- Healthy Eating – Healthy Action: Oranga Kai – Oranga Pumau (HEHA)
- National Heart Foundation
as well as conferences for various professional bodies (Plunket, librarians, teachers)
WHAT DO I DO?
- FOR PRE-SCHOOLS? I use simple puppets, string figures, music, songs, imagination and humour to spin a web of wondrous words, guaranteed to capture any audience.
- FOR SCHOOLS? I offer theme-based programmes (e.g. Healthy Eating, Conservation, Inclusion, Far and near, Heroes and fools, any theme you want with enough notice! I have a huge repertoire). I also provide copies of the stories for follow-up work so give yourself a treat & BOOK NOW! Workshops on storytelling, tall tales and/or string figures.
- FOR ADULTS? I can design a programme around any theme. Past adult material has included pioneer tales, ghost stories and love stories. Workshops on storytelling and/or simple puppet-making.
Meet some of my puppet family. I try to work with materials that will inspire teachers and children alike to try to make their own. I offer workshops on puppet-making, as well as string games and storytelling. Using simple materials these rexources are affordable and achievable.